There are various options for billing:
- Patients with private supplementary insurance in Austria
This type of private health insurance normally covers stays in a semi-private room in our private hospital. In this case, costs are invoiced directly to your private supplementary insurance provider. Where a semi-private room is covered by the policy, it is of course possible to pay an additional charge if you would prefer a single room.
Since details of insurance cover and any possible deductible are determined by your policy, we request that you clarify this with your insurance adviser prior to your hospital stay.
- Patients with private, international supplementary insurance
Direct billing agreements exist with some supplementary insurance providers. If no direct billing agreement exists with your insurance provider, you must provide a security deposit in the amount of the cost estimate. Please contact us before your stay if you have questions or concerns. We would be happy to explain the available payment options.
- Patients without private supplementary insurance
You can of course use the services provided in our private hospital on a self-pay basis. Different rates apply depending on whether you are eligible for Austrian social security. Our billing team will be pleased to help with any inquiries about pricing or estimated costs.
We will require a deposit to be paid on admission to the hospital. This may be provided in cash or with a credit or debit card. Doctors’ fees are always agreed upon directly with the attending doctor.
Direct billing agreements
Your hospital stay can be billed directly to all Austrian private health insurers and to almost all Austrian social insurance providers, as well as to many international health insurers.
Direct billing means that the bill for fees and charges incurred during your stay is sent directly from Döbling Private Hospital to the relevant insurance provider.
Direct billing agreements – private Austrian supplementary health insurance providers
- UNIQA Österreich Versicherungen AG
- Wiener Städtische Versicherung AG – Vienna Insurance Group
- Merkur Versicherung AG
- Generali Versicherung AG
- Allianz Elementar Versicherungs AG
- MuKi Versicherungsverein auf Gegenseitigkeit
- Donau Versicherung AG – Vienna Insurance Group
Direct billing agreements – international health insurance providers
- AIA April International Assistance
- AIG General Insurance
- Allianz Worldwide
- AP Companies Global Solutions Ltd.
- AXA PPP Healthcare Ltd.
- Emergency Assistance Japan/SOMPO
- GBG/Global Benefits Group/Tiecare International
- GGHS Generali Global Health Services
- GMC Henner
- HS Insurance, Tokyo
- HTH worldwide/ Geo Blue/Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Mobility St. Honoré
- Prestige International
- Seven Corners
- United Health International, USA
Please contact your supplementary insurance provider in advance and ask them to provide confirmation of cover.
If you have any questions, please consult our staff.
All regular credit and debit cards are accepted.