Good sleep is a key element of everyone’s physical and mental health. When we sleep, the body regenerates, the immune system recharges, and the brain processes what we have experienced and learned, in turn freeing us from the burden of unnecessary information. In the Western world, however, up to 30%of people suffer from sleep disorders, including snoring and sleep-related respiratory disorders (sleep apnea).
However, poor or insufficient sleep sooner or later leads to impairments of health, quality of life and general performance. The list of possible health consequences is long and includes, for example, an increased risk of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases as well as a weakened immune system. Concentration and attention deficits as well as psychological problems, including depression, can also have sleep disorders as an underlying cause.
After a careful investigation of the causes, however, it is often possible to find workable solutions for individual sleep problems. For this purpose, Döbling Private Hospital has its own Sleep Laboratory, which is also capable of providing mobile services.
Our most frequently provided services
- ENT and sleep medicine examinations
- Sleep screening for at home (polygraphy)
- Sleep laboratory at the hospital (polysomnography)
- Sleep endoscopy (somnoendoscopy)
- Interventions for snoring and sleep-related respiratory disorders
Investigation of the following symptoms and problems:
- Waking up exhausted, no or poor sleep despite tiredness
- Problems falling asleep or staying asleep
- Continuous daytime fatigue, exhaustion, feeling of not being well-rested
- Breathing interruptions (sleep apnea)
- Nocturnal asthma and chronic bronchitis
- High blood pressure coupled with snoring
- Nighttime heart problems and rhythm disturbances among snorers
- Restless legs syndrome
Please contact our attending physicians for an initial consultation!