Institute for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
The staff of the Institute for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Döbling Private Hospital are the perfect partners to help you preserve and restore your physical capabilities.
All treatments can be received during an inpatient stay or as an outpatient. Refunds can even be obtained from your insurer if you have a doctor’s prescription.
Personal and individual care for our patients is at the heart of everything we do. We also place the greatest emphasis on good multidisciplinary collaboration.
Another quality factor is that, as an outpatient, you will be continuously assisted by the same team of therapists. We work with you to set goals and create a specially tailored training plan to reach those goals as quickly as possible.
Flexible appointment scheduling makes it easier for you to quickly find the best path to your recovery.
Main treatment types
The main treatment types we offer are:
- Back pain, cervical syndrome, spinal cord conditions such as prolapsed discs, osteochondrosis, sciatica (lumbago).
- Arthritis: Knee, hip, shoulder, finger arthritis
Such as heel spur, calcareous shoulder, tennis elbow, patellar tendinitis, and others.
- Incontinence training
- Rehabilitation after urogenital procedures (e.g. prostate, gynecological procedures)
Postnatal and rehabilitation exercises, as well as prenatal classes.
Sport-specific training, creation of a plan, sport rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation after receiving joint prostheses (hip, knee, shoulder, etc.)
- Rehabilitation after knee arthroscopy: e.g. cruciate ligament, meniscus, cartilage
- Rehabilitation after shoulder arthroscopy: rotator cuff, impingement, and others
Special post-COVID rehabilitation program for long COVID sufferers to improve and restore general physical performance.
Other treatment options
- In Groups
- Osteopathic techniques
- Craniosacral therapy
- Manual techniques
- Sports physiotherapy
- Kinesio taping
- Fascial technique by Typaldos
- Prenatal exercises
- Postnatal and rehabilitation exercises
- Trigger point therapy
- Spiral dynamics
- Therapeutic yoga
Medical training therapy
- In groups
- Traditional massages
- Foot reflex zone massage
- Manual lymph drainage
- Connective tissue massage
- Segmental massage
Moor packs, paraffin wax baths
Vibration training (Galileo)