Successful treatment starts with thorough diagnostics. For this purpose our specialists have at their disposal highly-modern diagnostic facilities on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
The Institute for Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology is charged with using imaging processes to diagnose and treat a variety of disorders that affect the entire body.
Range of Services
Examinations involve conventional x-ray diagnostics including fluoroscopy, mammography, CT scans, magnetic resonance tomography, and ultrasound.
A large number of services are offered in terms of interventional radiology, with focuses on minimally invasive pain therapy for the spine, puncture of organs with ultrasound, CT or MRI, the marking and puncture of suspicious breast lesions, diverse vascular interventions, and the stabilization of vertebral fractures using vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty.
There is as minimal exposure to radiation as possible in our institute thanks to the availability of the most modern, fully digital devices, which work while using far smaller doses of radiation than was previously the norm. The new examination systems can provide more conclusive diagnoses and have improved patient comfort by decreasing the time needed for examinations.
- Digital x-ray/fluoroscopy
- Digital mammography
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Magnet resonance imaging (MRI)
- DEXA bone density measurement
- Minimally invasive pain therapy
- Diverse array of biopsies
Do you need information about your blood, urine or stool? Our modern medical lab provides the complete spectrum of laboratory services, from blood tests and smears to molecular biological examination.
Regular internal quality assurance measures and EDP-supported medical monitoring guarantee not only the superior quality of our laboratory diagnostics, but also ensure the quick validation and release of lab results.
Range of services
- All routine laboratory exams (e.g. blood chemistry screening, urine and stool tests)
- Special blood group serologic testing (e.g. blood grouping, antibody testing, conducting crossmatch testing, blood group serological examinations for newborns, pre-surgical testing)
- Hormone assay
- Determining immune status (determining immunological disorders)
- Emergency laboratory services in suspected cases of heart attack, pulmonary infarction, infections, and pregnancy-related complications
- Oncological laboratory diagnostics (tumor markers) and follow-up
- Examinations for the mother-child health passport
- Bacteriological examinations
The entire scope of neurological disorders affecting the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems, as well as muscular disorders and sleep disorders, are diagnosed and treated in the Neurophysiology Outpatient Center.
Range of services
Most modern examination methods for diagnosing:
- Vertigo syndromes
- Seizure disorders
- Inflammatory disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Movement disorders
- Various pain syndromes
- EEG (Electroencephalography): This can record electric activity in the brain.
- EMG (Electromyography) is suited for recording electric activity in muscles.
- NCV (Nerve conduction velocity, Electroneurography, ENG) is a method for determining the functionality of nerves.
- Imaging processes (e.g. MRI, CT)
The majority of examinations are conducted using conventional imaging technology (x-rays, CT scans, MRI). Certain problems also require the use of nuclear medical examination techniques (scintigraphy).
Range of services
Our institute uses nuclear medicine (scintigraphy) to examine a variety of internal organs and their metabolic functions (e.g. thyroid scintigraphy, heart scintigraphy, bone scintigraphy).