Lungs, respiratory system
The lungs are not only essential for life; they are organs with particularly extreme exposure to environmental influences. Even as they are filtering life-giving oxygen from the air we breathe, they are also directly exposed to a host of health hazards – from pathogens of all kinds to allergens to tobacco smoke.
In principle, chronic coughing, respiratory noises and shortness of breath must be investigated quickly and competently to distinguish serious diseases from irritations, common colds or infections. Döbling Private Hospital can bring to bear a broad arsenal of diagnostic tools. High technical competence and well-coordinated multidisciplinary collaboration further ensure that diseases of the lungs and respiratory tracts are treated optimally.
At the Lung Center of Döbling Private Hospital, lung cancer patients can rely on the effective support of a multidisciplinary Tumor Board. If it becomes unavoidable, minimally invasive operations ensure removal of the cancer as sparingly as possible and minimize the amount of time spent at the hospital.
The Sleep Laboratory of Döbling Private Hospital offers the ideal setting for investigating and treating sleep apnea syndrome (SAS).
Our most frequently provided services
- Lung function tests with whole-body plethysmography
- Obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD, asthma)
- Help and advice for smokers
- Examination of diffusion and gas exchange in the lungs
- Lung cancer (bronchial carcinoma) – minimally invasive operation
- Pneumonia – investigation and treatment
- Long COVID syndrome
- Training consultation and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Allergy diagnosis and consultation
- Sleep apnea – screening, diagnosis and treatment
Please contact our attending physicians for an initial consultation!