Center for Cartilage Regeneration and Orthobiology
The Center for Cartilage Regeneration and Orthobiology at Döbling Private Hospital offers regenerative treatments for injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system based on modern biomedical technologies. The healing process of damaged tissue is accelerated or improved by use of the body’s own (autologous) cells and messenger substances.
We offer the following regenerative medicine techniques:
- Cartilage cell transplantation
- Stem cell therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (autologous blood therapy)
Focus is particularly placed on regeneration of cartilage, improving bone healing, and hastening the healing of muscle and ligament injuries.
The methods of regenerative medicine can be applied to the following musculoskeletal conditions:
- Cartilage regeneration and repair after cartilage damage or arthritis of the large joints
- Injuries and strain damage to the large tendons
- Muscle injuries
- Injuries and damage to large joints
- Injuries and damage to the knee joint
Dr. Stefan Marlovits, who operates as a private and attending physician, is an internationally recognized expert in the diagnosis and treatment of traumatic and degenerative cartilage damage, regenerative medicine, and sports medicine.
Further information is available on the website: www.knorpel.at