Prof. h.c. Dr. Nedim Pipic
Hals-, Nasen- und Ohrenheilkunde
Coronavirus: Aktuelle Informationen
Sprachen: Deutsch, Englisch, Italienisch, Kroatisch, Bosnisch, Serbisch.
1994 Award "Dr Ante Sercer" for scientific achievements in
Otorhinolaryngology: "Interferon and skin cancer"
2003 Magazine News:Best Doctor ENT and Facial Plastic surgery in Austria
2007 By the decision of the Academic Council of RSE”National Research Medical
2007 Center”of the Healthcare Ministry of the Republic of Kazakhstan a title of HONOURED PROFESSOR of the National Research Medical Center is aworded to Nedim Pipic.March,28,2007 (protocol No.2)
2008 Honoured Professor, March 2008, awarded to Nedim Pipic from Sociedad Colombiana de Cirurgia Plastica Facial y Rinologia
2009 Amaerican Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: FELLOW2010 America Academy of Otorhinolayngology-Head and Neck-Surgery: FELLOW
Interferon research granted by the Academy of Science, Zagreb and by the South Florida University
Memberships: Vice president of the European Academy for Facial Plastic Surgery for Austria
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Fellow
American Rhinological Society
European Academy Cosmetic Surgery-Fellow
Italian Society of Otorhynolaringology and Aesthetic - Head and Neck Surgery
Sociedad Colombiana de Cirurgia Plastica Facial y Rinilogia-Honor-Professor
New York Academy of Science
International Society for Interferon Research
Organization "People to People"-Yale University-USA
American Association for Advancement of Science
Publications:Ivic Z., Petric V., Katanec T., Pipic N. Secondary inflammatory endocranial complications in surgery of the splanchno-cranial tumors. Symp Otorhinol Yug 19:273, 1984.
10. Ikic D., Padovan I., Pipic N., Knezevic M. et al. Subtumoral and intratumoral application of human natural lecocytic Interferon and recombinant Hulfn alpha 2c in patients with cancers of the head and neck. Rad JAZU, No. 447, Zagreb 1989, pp. 55-71.
11. Pipic N. Replication of Decortication (external rhinoplasty) in medical literature. Symp Otorhinol Yug 24:47, 1989.
12. Pipic N. Angulation of the cranial base vs. pneumatization range of the temporal bone. Master thesis. University of Zagreb, 1983.
13. Pipic N.: Surgical treatment of snoring and sleep apnea syndrome. In: Surgery of Head and Neck. (I. Padovan-ed.) Skolska Knjiga, Zagreb, 1987, pp. 173-176.
14. Pipic N: Recent advances in understanding the function of the function of the tonsillar tissue. In: Surgery of Head and Neck (I. Padovan-ed.) Skolska knjiga, Zagreb, 1987, pp. 49.51.
15. I.Padovan and N.Pipic: The surgical technique of tonsillectomie and adenoidectomie. In: Surgery of Head and Neck (I. Padovan-ed.) Skolska knjiga, Zagreb, 1987, pp. 193-205
16. I.Padovan, T.Katanec, N. Pipic, R. Trotic, Z.Ferencic., Modern electrosurgical Systems in head and neck surgery. Symp Otorhinol Yug 1989; 24:29-34.
17. D. Ikic, Padovan I., N. Pipic, M. Knezevic, N. Djakovic, B.Rode, I.Kosutic, M. Belitza, V. Cajkovac: Interferon therapy for basal cell carcinoma and squamos cell carcinoma. Clinical Pharmacology-therapy and toxicology, VoL 29 No. 9-1991, (342-346).
18. D. Ikic, I.Padovan, N. Pipic, M.Knezevic, N. Djakovic, B. Rode and I Kosutic: Treatment of squamous Cell Carcinoma with Interferon. International Journal of Dermatology, January 1991, Vol 30, No.1.
19. D. Ikic, I. Padovan, N. Pipic, M. Knezevic, N. Djakovic, B.Rode, I.Kosutic, M. Belitza: Basal Cell Carcinoma Treated with Interferon. International Journal of Dermatology, October 1991, VoL 30, No.lO.
20. N.Pipic, N. Djakovic, Z. Tolic, I. Padovan, D. Ikic, M. Knezevic: Intralesional Interferon Treatment of Squamous cell carcinoma Symp Othorinol Yug 1990; 25:49-53, Zagreb (original scientific article).
21. N. Pipic, N. Djakovic, Z. Tolic, I. Padovan, D. Ikic, M. Knezevic: Intralesional Interferon Treatment of Basal Cell Carcinoma. Symp Otorhinol Yug 1990; 25:55-59, Zagreb. (orginal scientific article)
22. D. Ikic, I. Padovan, N. Pipic, N. Djakovic, Z. Kusic: Local Interferon Therapy for Lip Carcinoma. Eur.Arch.Otorhinolaryngol (1994) 251:293-296
23. D. Ikic, I. Padovan, N. Pipic, V. Cajkovac, Z. Kusic, N. Djakovic, T. Gregurek-Novak, A. Soldo-Belic, S.Spaventi, M. Belitza: Lip Cancer. Interferon Therapy. Rad JAZU, (469) XXVIII (1996), 21-28.5
25. N. Pipic: The surgery of the difficult nose: Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol
(2007) (Suppl.1) 264:S265-S354
Experience and University Career
1978 - 1979 Rotary internship at University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
1980 - 1984 Otorhinolaringology and Head and Neck Surgery, resident
1984: Certified by the Croatian Board of Otorhynolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
1983 Postgr duate Study in Biology, Anthropology, Master of Sciences
1988 Faculty of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Doctoral Thesis (Sc. D.,Ph.D.), “Comparative Study of Interferon in the treatment of the head and neck skin cancer”
1988 Elected to a scientific level as professor, 1992 Certified by the Austrian Board of Otorhinolaryngology
1981-1986 Institute for Medical Research,Croatian Academy of
Sciences and Arts, Zagreb, research assistant professor
Institute for Medical Research,Croatian Academy of
Sciences and Arts, Zagreb, research assistant professor
1981-1983 and 1984-1989 (research professor) Interferon research
Elective Postgraduate Training, University South Florida
School of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital-full time
Elective Postgraduate Training, University if Illinois
College of Medicine, (Mentor: Eugene Tardy,Jr.,M.D., F.A.C.S.,Director , Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery)
Elective Postgraduate Training, University of South Florida
School of Medicine, (Mentor: James Endicott, M.D., Director of
Elective Postgraduate Training, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York,
(Director of Division Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery